Are you trying to create a new Gmail account? Well, all you need to do is create a Google account and use it to sign into your Gmail account. However, if you need a guide on how to do that, this article will provide the steps on how to sign up for a Gmail account.
Before you can sign up for a new Gmail account, you will need to create a Google account. This means that creating a Google account allows you to sign in to Gmail. However, this article will put you through the requirements for Gmail Sign up and how to sign up through the website or the mobile app.
In this case, you must know the requirements and have what it takes to sign up. Nevertheless, we will provide you with all the requirements you will need for a Gmail sign-up.
1. Create a Google Account
The first step to signing up for your Gmail is to create a Google account. Therefore go to the official Google sign-up page, accounts.google.com/signup. However, there are some requirements you will need to have under Google sign-up. Check out the below to see the requirements you will need to create a Google account;
- Your First & last name
- A unique Username for your Gmail
- Your Date of Birth & Gender
2. Email or Phone number
After creating your Google account, the next step is to sign into your Gmail account. Therefore you will now need your Email/phone link to the new Google account you just created.
Also, check out the steps on how to sign up for a Gmail account in the following write-up below.
How to Sign up for a Gmail Account Through Website
As said earlier, to sign up for a Gmail account, you will have to create a new Google account and then use your new Google details to sign into your Gmail account. This is for those who want to create a Gmail account through the website. However, the steps will be provided below;
- Open your web browser
- Create a new Google account by visiting accounts.google.com/SignUp
- Fill in your First and last name, and username
- Enter your password and Click the Next button
- Enter your phone number and a recovery email (optional)
- Next, enter your full Date of Birth & Gender
- Click on the Next button
- Then, Click on the I agree button under Privacy and Terms
After successfully creating a Google account, click on the Google Apps icon at the top right corner. Look for the Gmail icon and click on it to view and manage your Gmail.
How to Sign up for an Account on the Gmail App
To login to Gmail on the Gmail app, follow the steps below:
- Get the Gmail app from your App Store or Play Store if you don’t have it yet
- Launch the Gmail app
- Tap on sign in
- Tap on Add account
- Tap on Google under “Set up email”
- You will now be redirected to accounts.google.com, then tap on Create Account below
- Enter your First & Surname,
- Then, tap Next
- Next, enter your full Date of Birth & your Gender
- Pick from the suggested Email address or Create your own unique Username.
- Tap Next
- Enter your password and tap on the Next button
- Type in your password and tap the Next button
- Enter your phone number and tap the “Yes I’m in” button below (If you don’t want to add a Phone number then tap on the Skip button)
- Then, tap on the Next button
- Lastly, tap on the I agree button under Privacy and Terms
After following all the steps above, you will be successfully logged into your new Gmail account on the Gmail app. Thus, you can enter the app anytime you want to view your emails and manage your Gmail account on the app