The Blink Outdoor 4 is a smart outdoor camera and a 4th generation of Blink outdoor cameras. Therefore, if you have been looking for a good outdoor camera in your home or want to upgrade to the previous generations of Blink Outdoor, this article is for you. In the article, we shall discuss the device, how to set it up and how to purchase yours now.
How Does the Blink Outdoor 4 Work?
The Blink Outdoor 4 is a smart camera which is designed to be used outdoors. It is a wireless camera that works powered by 2 AA batteries, which can be replaced at any time. The Blink Outdoor also uses a WiFi connection to be able to function. As a result, the Blink Outdoor 4 provide a “Sync Module”, which performs the function of a hub. With the sync module, your Blink outdoor camera will now be able to connect to WiFi. The outdoor camera allows two-way audio talk, night vision, live video, motion detection, and so many other features.
Does it Need WiFi?
Yes, before you can make proper use of the BLink Otdoor 4, you must connect it to WiFi. The Blink Outdoor 4 is not WiFi enabled, which is why it provides users with a Syn Module which serves as a hub, allowing the camera to connect to WiFi. If you don’t have a WiFi connection to your Blink outdoor camera, then you will not be able to perform its basic function.
How Long Does the Battery Last?
The Blivk Outdoor 4 comes with 2 AA batteries. Although, on their official website, it says that the battery can last you for up to 2 years. Nevertheless, you should not depend on this because everyone uses their cameras differently. Thus, whenever your battery gets low, you can always replace the old ones with 2 new AA batteries.
Can I Use the Blink Outdoor 4 Without a Subscription?
The subscription plan on the Blink Outdoor 4 is not compulsory. Therefore, if you wish you may decide not to pay for their subscription plan. However, if it’s your first time using Blink Outdoor, you will get a 30-day free trial, which will allow you to test out its premium features.
Can it See at Night?
Even in dark hours or in a dark place where your Blink Outdoor 4 is mounted, you can still get a view of the camera with the night vision feature. This feature is helpful to users so that they don’t miss out on any events when it is night-time or the environment is dark.
Does Blink Outdoor Camera Work with iPhones?
Owning an iPhone does not stop you from accessing or making use of the Blink Outdoor camera. This is because the app version of Blink is supported on iOS devices. Thus, you can download the Blink Home Monitor app from your App Store. Note, that Android phones also support the Blink Outdoor Camera.
Features of the Blink Outdoor 4th Gen
Want to know about the features of the Blink Outdoor 4? Then this is the write-up for you. Here we will discuss some of the main features of the Blink outdoor camera. Thus, check out the below on some of the main features of the Blink Outdoor.
- Night Vision.
- Motion detection.
- People Detection (for a subscription plan).
- 1080p Video Resolution.
- Two-Way Audio.
With the features from the above, you should now be able to fully decide if on whether the Blink Outdoor camera 4th generation is worth getting or not. Check out the next write0u below on how to purchase the Blink Outdoor 4th Gen.
How to Purchase the Blink Outdoor 4th Generation
If you want to have the Blink Outdoor 4, then this write-up will guide you through how to purchase the device now. Thus, follow the steps below on how to purchase the Blink Outdoor 4th Gen.
- Go to the official Amazon website at www.amazon.com.
- Next, click on the search bar and type in “Blink Outdoor 4”.
- Scroll through the list to find a cheaper price.
- Click on the one you want to purchase.
- Next, click on the “Buy Now” button.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the payment process.
By following the stesp from the above, you should now be able to purchase the Blink Outdoor 4.
How to Set Up the Blink Outdoor 4th Generation
Now for those who would like to set up their Blink Outdoor 4th Gen, this is the write-up for you. Thus. You should follow the steps below which will guide you through how to set up the Blink Outdoor 4.
- Plug in the “Sync Module” device to power.
- Download and install the Blink Home Monitor app from your App Store or Google Play Store.
- Launch the app.
- Sign in or create a new account if it is your first time.
- Tap on the plus button at the top right corner.
- Tap on “Sync Module”.
- Scan the QR code from the Sync Module device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish setting up the Sync Module.
- Now that you have set up the Sync Module, tap on the Plus button.
- Then, tap on “Wireless Cameras”.
- Put the 2 AA batteries into the camera device.
- Scan the QR code from the Blink Outdoor 4.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Blink Outdoor 4 set-up.
- Lastly, mount the Blink Outdoor 4.
By following the steps above, you should now be able to set up your Blink Outdoor 4th-generation device.