The Indoor Cam 2nd Gen is one of Ring’s new and popular products. From the name, the Ring Indoor Cam 2nd Gen is a newer version of the previous generation of the Ring Indoor Cam. However, this 2nd generation of Indoor Cam is also unique in some ways, even though there are not many differences. Thus, if you want to know what’s new on the Indoor Cam 2nd Gen, then this is the article for you.
What is Ring Indoor Cam 2nd Gen Used for?
The Ring Indoor Cam 2 is a Ring product that is specifically made for indoor areas. It is the perfect indoor smart camera that you need in your home. You can mount this Ring indoor cam in different areas in your home or office. Now, let’s talk about what this device is used for. Well, the Ring Indoor Cam Pro give users live video access and motion detection from the device. These live videos and motion detection alerts can be viewed from the Ring app.
The device gives you full security in your indoor areas. You can see and monitor what is going on in your office, bedroom, or anywhere in the house just by installing the Ring Indoor Cam there.
What’s New with the Ring Indoor Cam 2nd Gen?
Now, if you own the previous generation of the Ring Indoor Cam, then you may want to know what is new in the newer generation. Therefore, the biggest change in the 2nd Gen device is the “privacy shutter”, which is a feature that allows you to completely block the camera from the Indoor Cam 2nd Gen.
Another new feature on the 2nd Gen device is the flexible adjustment. This allows you to easily adjust your indoor cam 2n Gen to face wherever you want it to face. To add, the look and the design of the 2nd Gen is also slightly different from the previous generation of RIng Indoor Cam.
Thus, if you already own the older Gen of the Ring Indoor Camera and you feel that these new features and changes don’t add to your needs, then I suggest you should just stick with what you have because the changes are not that big of a deal.
Does it Work Without Wi-Fi?
Like most ring smart home devices, you will need a WiFi connection to be able to make use of your Ring Indoor Can 2nd Gen. This means that, without a WiFi connection, you will not be able to access the live video and receive motion detection alerts from the Ring app. Thus, make sure that your Indoor Cam 2nd Gen always has a WiFi connection to give you the best security system.
Which Ring Camera is Best for Indoors?
There are a lot of indoor cameras from ring products. However, if you are looking for a portable and small cam that you can install anywhere inside of your home or office, I believe that the Ring Indoor Cam 2nd Gen is a good choice for you.
How to Purchase the Ring Indoor Cam (2nd Gen)
Purchasing the 2nd Gen indoor cam is quite an easy task to do. Nevertheless, if you do need a guide to help you through how to purchase this Ring product, then this is for you. Thus, follow the steps below to guide you to purchase the new Ring Indoor Cam 2nd Gen.
- Go to the Ring website at ring.com.
- Now, click on the “Products” button from the top menu.
- Then, click on “Indoor Cameras”.
- Scroll down and click on “Indoor Cam, 2nd Gen”.
- Choose a black or white colour.
- Then, click on the “Add to Cart” button.
- Click on the “Checkout” button at the top right.
- Next, enter your “Shipping address”, then click on the Continue to Shipping button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make your payment for the purchase.
After following the steps above properly, you will be able to purchase the Ring Indoor Cam 2nd Gen.
How to Set Up the Ring Indoor Cam (2nd Gen)
The Indoor Cam 2nd Gen set-up is easy to do. Thus, follow the steps below to guide you through how to set up the Ring Indoor Cam 2nd Gen.
- Install or mount the Indoor Cam 2nd Gen.
- Download and install the Ring app from your App Store or Google Play Store.
- Launch the app.
- Log in to your existing account or create one if it is your first time.
- Tap on the “Set Up a Device” button.
- Next, tap on “Security Cams”.
- Tap on the “I’m READY TO SCAN“ button.
- Scan the QR code at the back of the device.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the set-up.
After following the steps above, your Indoor 2nd gen should now be set up successfully and ready for use.