The Roku streaming stick Plus is one of the top streaming devices which can be set up on your TV. If you are familiar with the Amazon Fire Stick, then this should be something far from it. It is a different brand but they offer similar services. However, in this article, we shall be talking more about the Roku streaming stick Plus. If you also want to learn how to set up the Roku streaming stick plus, then this article is for you too.
What does the Roku Streaming Stick Plus do?
The Roku streaming stick Plus is a portable streaming device which you can be able to plug into your TV regardless of how old it may be. So long as your TV comes with an HDMI port you are good to go. Now, with your Roku stick you can be able to stream from a bunch of popular streaming platforms like YouTube, Hulu, Netflix and so many more.
Can I Use a Roku Stick on any TV?
You can set up the Roku stick on your old or new model TV. You do not need to worry whether you have a smart TV or not. What you will need to consider is to ensure that your TV has an HDMI port. Without the HDMI port, your TV will not be able to work with the Roku stick. Thus, even though you own a very old TV, but it has an HDMI port, you would be able to still set up the Roku stick on that TV.
Does the Roku Stick Charge for a Monthy Fee?
The Roku stick device itself does not require you to make any form of payment, regardless of a monthly fee. Therefore, if you want to purchase the Roku stick, then you should not worry about paying a monthly fee or any such. However, you may be charged to pay some fees for some streaming platforms which are accessible for free. However, this is your own choice to make, if you don’t wish to pay a fee for any streaming platform, you can make use of the free streaming channels available on the Roku stick.
Free Streaming Services on the Fire Stick
Do you want to stream on the Roku stick for free without paying for a fee? If you do then this write-up is for you. If you are not willing to pay any extra money to access premium streaming platforms, you can still still be able to access some streaming platforms for free. Therefore, in this write-up, we shall provide you with a list of some of the popular free streaming platforms on the Roku stick. Thus, the following are free streaming services you can find on the Roku stick.
- Roku Kids & Family
- The Roku Channel
- Pluto TV
- Vudu (with Ads)
- Roku Media Player
You can check out any of the 10 free streaming platforms above that are available on the Roku stick. Check out the next write-up below on how to set up the Roku streaming stick Plus.
How to Set Up Your Roku Streaming Stick Plus
Are you looking for a write-up that can guide you on how to set up your Roku stick? Well if you do, you are at the right place. If you just purchased the Roku streaming stick Plus, this is the best place to follow on how to set it up. Thus, the following are the steps required to set up your Roku stick.
- Plug in the “Roku stick” device to the HDMI port on your TV
- Then, connect the Roku stick to power using your TV’s USB port or directly through a power adapter
- Turn ON your TV and select the HDMI cable you plugged the Roku stick on
- Insert the batteries into the Roku stick remote and wait for it to pair
- Select your “Language”
- Connect to your WiFi with an internet connection
- Tap the “OK” button to update the software of your Roku stick
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set your settings
- After that, enter your Roku email to log in to your Roku account
- If you don’t have an account yet go to your web browser and visit my.roku.com/signup to create a new account
- After creating your account, go back to your TV and enter your email address
- Confirm the activation account link sent to your email
- After doing that, your Roku stick will log you in automatically
By following the steps above, your Roku streaming stick Plus should now be successfully set up and ready for use. You can start start streaming from popular platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, Vudu, and more