The Roku Ultra is a streaming device and an upgraded version of the Roku streaming stick. The Ultra has more exciting features and advantages than the Roku Stick. Therefore, to learn more about what’s new on the new Ultra model streaming device, you should go through this article to the end.
What is the Roku Ultra Used for?
This ultra model performs the basic function of turning your TV into a smart TV just like the Roku stick. You can stream popular streaming services like Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix and many more. However, the Ultra mode provides Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and Bluetooth features.
What is the Difference Between Roku and Roku Ultra?
The Roku and the Ultra version indeed has their differences. If you would like to know what you will be missing out from the Ultra model, then you should pay attention to this part of the write-up. The Ultra model has additional features like Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and an ethernet port which is not available on the Roku streaming stick. The Ultra model is also pretty much faster and has a more user-friendly interface.
Will Roku Ultra Work on any TV?
The requirement for the Roku Ultra to work on any TV is still the same. That is, it can still work on any TV so far it has an HDMI port on it. Thus, even if you have an old TV with an HDMI port, you still have the opportunity to use it on your TV.
How Much is it?
The Ultra is indeed more expensive than the Roku streaming stick. It is up to double the Roku streaming stick price. However, paying for the Ultra gives you access to some extra features. For $99.99, you can purchase the device from the official Roku website.
Is it Worth Getting?
The Ultra model is surely faster, better and easier to use than other Roku streaming sticks. Therefore, as for me, the ultra version is worth getting. This is because you can get Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and an easier way to connect your device with the included ethernet port. Thus, if you have some extra money with you, then I suggest you get the new Ultra model.
Free Streaming Channels on the Roku Ultra
If you would like to stream from free channels, then this is for you. You don’t have to worry about paying for a subscription fee, for those free platforms. Thus, the following are some of the free streaming channels that are available on the Ultra model.
- The Roku Channel
- Pluto TV
- IMDb TV
- News Channels
You can check out the following platforms above on your Ultra streaming device and start streaming them for free. However, note, not all the platforms may be available in your region.
How to Purchase the Roku Ultra
If you need a guide on how to purchase the Roku Ultra, then this write-up is for you. Check out the following steps below on how to purchase the Ultra model from the official Roku website.
- Open your web browser and go to www.roku.com
- At the top of the page, click on Shop Product.
- Then, select “Streaming Players”
- Look for the Ultra model, then click on “Add to cart”
- Go to your cart.
- Sign in to your Roku account or continue as a guest.
- Next, fill in your shipping address and your order notifications.
- Click on the “Continue to Shipping Method”.
- Select your shipping method, then click on the “Continue to Payment” button.
- Enter your payment information for the payment.
- Then, click on “Review Order”.
By following the steps above, your order for the Ultra model should now be successful and awaiting delivery of your item. Check out the next write-up below on the steps on how to set up the Ultra model streaming device.
How to Set Up the Roku Ultra Streaming Device
This streaming device is very easy to set up. However, if you do need a guide on how to do that, then this is for you. Therefore, the following are steps on how to set up your Roku Ultra.
- Connect the streaming device to the power.
- Then plug in both ends of the HDMI cable to your TV port and the device.
- Turn ON your TV.
- Go to the selected HDMI you inserted the device.
- Press and hold the back button to pair your Roku remote.
- Next, select your language.
- Select if you want a wireless or wired internet connection
- Plug in your ethernet cable or choose your wireless network.
- Your device may need to be updated.
- Set your display type.
- Connect your Roku remote to control your TV’s volume and power.
- Login to your Roku account or sign up if you don’t have one.
- You will need to check your inbox to activate your account.
- Answer the questions from the activation link.
- Tap on the “Continue button” to update your information on your streaming device.
After following the steps above, your Roku Ultra should now be successfully set up and ready for use.