The Sonos Move 2 is a portable WiFi and Bluetooth speaker. It is also a 2nd Gen device, if you know about the Sonos Move First Gen, then you should be expecting some pretty nice added features. This speaker will be a good choice if this is your first time getting a portable speaker. However, if you want to learn more about this Sonos Move 2nd Gen device, this article is for you.
How Does it Work?
This is a newly released portable speaker from Sonos, which is called the “Move 2”. The Sonos Move 2 is a 2nd generation device, which comes with alot of improvement than the previous Gen device. The speaker is able to use Voice assiatant like Alexa. Another special thing about this speaker is the abiluty to stream songs through WiFi, without the need to connect it to a Bluetooh device. Although, the device also support Bluetooth connection.
Does it Need WiFi?
Using the Sonos Move 2 does not require connecting it to a WiFi connection. The WiFi feature is available for those who want to stream through WiFi, which is optional. Thus, you do not need WiFi to be able to use the Sono Move 2.
Is the Move 2 WiFi or Bluetooth?
Even better, the Sonos Move 2 is compatible with streaming audio through WiFi or Bluetooth. Thus, connecting your speaker to WiFi allows you to stream from the Sonos app directly to the speaker. Or if you wish to stream directly from your other platforms, then you can connect the speaker via Bluetooth to start streaming. Therefore, the Sonos Move 2 works with both WiFi and Bluetooth connections.
How Much is it?
The current official price of this speaker is £449 but may change in price later in the future. Thus, to know the price of the Sonos Move 2, you can also head over to the Sonos official website at www.sonos.com. To add, the portable speaker comes in 3 different colours which still share the same prices.
Is the Sonos Move 2 Waterproof?
If you do own the Sonos Move 2nd Gen, then you should rest assured about a little splash of water or other weather conditions. Note, that this speaker is not waterproof, rather it is an IP56 device which has weather-resistant.
What is the Battery Life of Sonos Move 2?
The battery life of the Sonos Move 2nd generation has an improvement from the previous generation device. Thus, if you’re using the Sonos Move 2 Speaker moderately, it should be able to last you for up to 24 hours. In addition to the battery of this speaker, the battery is rechargeable and also replaceable, isn’t that amazing?
Amazing Features of the Sonos Move 2
Now, for those who own the first generation of the Sonos Move speaker, then I suggest you take a look at the amazing features that the 2nd generation device. This will enable you to know if the Sonos Move 2 is really worth an upgrade for you. However, check out the following below for the features of the Sonis Move 2.
- It is a Weather-Resistant Device (IP56).
- WiFi and Bluetooth Enabled.
- Voice Assistant Enabled.
- 24 hours Playback.
- Touch Control (for Volume).
- Apple AirPlay 2.
The above are some of the new and main features of the Sonos Move 2nd generation device.
How to Purchase the Sonos Move 2
If you now have an interest in purchasing the Move 2 portable speaker, then this is the write-up for you. This write-up will be able to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to purchase this speaker for yourself. Thus, follow the steps below to get started with your purchase of the Sonos Move 2.
- Go to the official Sonos website at www.sonos.com.
- Click on the “Shop” button at the top of the page.
- Then, click on “Portable Speakers”.
- Scroll down and click on Move 2.
- Select the colour you want.
- Then, click on the “Add to basket” button.
- Next, click on “Checkout”.
- Type in your “email address” so as to receive your order receipt.
- Enter your delivery information and your shipping method.
- Next, click on the Continue to Payment button.
After following the steps above, the next thing is to enter your payment option to be able to complete your purchase.
How to Set Up the Sonos Move 2
The Sonos Move 2 set-up is quite easy to do. As we all know, the Move 2 can be used either through Bluetooth or WiFi. However, you will need to set up the device to start making use of it. Follow the steps below on how to set up your Sonos Move 2 device.
- Download the Sono app from your App Store or Google Play Store.
- Tap on the “Set up new system” button.
- Now, make sure your mobile device is connected to a WiFi.
- Enter your “email address”.
- Then, tap on the Continue button.
- Next, type in a password
- Then, tap on the “Create account” button.
- Enter your “First Name” and “Last Name”.
- Next, tap on the Continue button.
- Go to your email app to verify your Sonos account.
- After doing that, go back to the Sonos app and you should see a message saying “Your account is set up”.
- Tap on Continue.
- Turn On your mobile phone’s Bluetooth and allow location access.
- Tap on the Done button.
- Turn ON your Sono Move 2.
- Tap on the “Settings” button at the bottom right corner.
- Now, tap on Select your product.
- Allow the app to search for your Sonos speaker.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the set up.
By following the stesp above, you should now be able to set up your Move 2 device. In addtion, if your Sonos app is not able to locate your device, then you can tap on “I don’t see my product” while it is still searching for your device.