The Wyze lock bolt is a smart home device that helps you monitor who gets access to your door. You will be able to unlock your door through fingerprints, passcode or remotely through the Wyze app. Another interesting thing about this device is that you don’t need a WiFi connection before you can unlock it. Thus, if you want to learn more about the lock bolt then you should check out this article till the end.
How Does it Work?
A Wyze bolt is essentially a perfect home security device that gives you access to unlock your doors with your fingerprint, passcode, or through the Wyze app. In addition, the Wyze lock bolt does not work with any WiFi connection. Thus, it stores all the fingerprints and passcodes locally on the device.
Therefore, this device is perfect for those who want to control and who come into your home or even office.
How Many Fingerprints Does the Wyze Bolt Have?
The Wyze lock bolt can store up to 50 fingerprints locally. So if you have a lot of people living in your home or you own a small group of organizations, then this makes it a suitable device option to ensure who gets access to unlock the door.
How Long Does the Battery Last?
The bolt lock comes with 4 AA batteries. They have a strong battery capacity that can last you up to a year. Also, you will even get notified on the lock bolt that your battery is running low thus you will need to replace them with new ones.
Does the Wyze Bolt Work Without an Internet Connection?
The Wyze lock bolt is the perfect smart lock that can still work without needing an internet connection. This is because it saves up your fingerprint information and passcodes on the device locally. So you don’t have to worry about having an internet connection for your lock bolt to be effective.
Can the Wyze Lock be Unlocked Remotely?
Of course, you can. You can remotely unlock your Wyze lock bolt remotely through the Wyze app. However for this to work, your phone needs to be in Bluetooth range with your lock bolt device.
How to Unlock a Wyze Bolt Lock?
The Wyze bolt lock can be unlocked in three different methods. Therefore, the following below are the 3 ways to unlock the Wyze Bolt Lock.
- And through the Wyze app.
As for the Wyze app, you must be in Bluetooth range before it is effective. However, the other two methods can be effective without Bluetooth or the Internet.
How to Purchase the Wyze Lock Bolt
If you would like to purchase this smart home device to [protect your door, then this is for you. We shall provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to purchase the Wyze bolt. Thus, the following are the steps on how to purchase a Wyze bolt for yourself.
- Visit the Wyze official website at www.wyze.com.
- At the top menu bar, click on “Smart Home”.
- Then, select “Wyze Lock Bolt”.
- Choose the colour you want, then click on the “Add to cart” button.
- Select how many quantities you want to buy, then click on the “Check out” button.
- Fill in your contact information and your shipping details.
- Then, click on the “Continue to shipping” button.
- Follow the prompts to make your payment and complete your order.
Once you are able to follow the steps above, your order for the Wyze bolt will be successful. Check out the next write-up below to guide you on how to set up the lock bolt.
How to Set Up the Wyze Lock Bolt
The Wyze bolt set-up is very simple to do. However, if you need any assistance on the steps to set up the device, then this is for you. Thus, the following below are the steps on how to set up the Wyze lock.
- Install or Mount the device using the mounting accessories provided.
- Download the Wyze app from your App Store or Google Play Store.
- Launch the app.
- Tap on the “New Device” button.
- Then, tap on the “Home” button.
- Select the “Wyze Lock Bolt”.
- Tap on the “Skip Installation Guide” since you have already mounted the device.
- Now, look for the pairing button on the device, then press and hold it for 3 seconds.
- Turn ON your phone’s Bluetooth.
- Tap on the Next button.
- Wait for your phone to search for your Wyze bolt, then tap on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the set-up.
By following the steps above, your Wyze lock bolt will be successfully set up and ready for use.