The Apple HomePod mini is a smart speaker by Apple. This HomePod mini is a more portable speaker than the bigger HomePod. So if you don’t want to spend so much money on the HomePod, you have the option to go for the cheaper HomePod mini.
Also, the HomePod and the HomePod mini are not so different. The only few things that separate them are the size difference and the HomePod has an additional feature of “Spatial Audio” and “Room sensing”. Which means you will not be missing out on anything big. However, in this article, we will discuss more about the HomePod mini, how to set it up and how to purchase it from the official store.
What Does an Apple HomePod Mini Do?
The HomPod mini is a smart speaker that allows a seamless connection to your iPhone or iPad. it also allows you to enable the Siri voice assistant. Once you can set up your HomePod mini, you can listen to songs, and podcasts, or just use it as an external speaker for your iPhone device. Also, the Siri don’t the HomPod work just fine. You can ask the Siri voice assistant to perform some tasks for you on your iPhone device.
Why is my Apple HomePod Mini not Working?
If your HomePod mini is not working, you can fix that in under 1 minute. To do that, go to the Home app and reset your HomePod mini. This should fix the issue of your HomePod not working. If this is not possible for you you should proceed by resetting it to factory settings.
Can I Connect HomePod to Android?
For you to use the HomePod device, you will need an iOS device, either your iPhone or iPad. You would not be able to connect your HomePod with any Android device. Thus, get an iPhone or iPad to connect to your HomePod to start using it.
Can you use HomePod as a Speaker?
You can’t just use the HomePod mini as a speaker. However, if you want to use its speaker, you have to pair it to your iPhone or iPad. Thus, you will now be able to play audio from your iPhone or iPad through the HomePod speaker.
How To Connect My HomePod to WiFi
Connecting your HomePod mini to WiFi can be done through your iPhone or iPad. However, this is an easy task to do. Follow the steps below to connect your HomePod to WiFi.
- Ensure your iPhone or iPad is connected to the WiFi you want to connect to.
- Go to your Home screen and tap on the Home app.
- Tap on your HomePod mini device in the app.
- Next, tap on “Move HomePod mini to (the name of your WiFi)” to connect to the WiFi.
- Lastly, tap on the “Done”.
By following the steps above, the WiFi connected to your iPhone or iPad will be automatically shared with your HomePod mini.
How To Purchase the HomePod Mini
If you would like to get one for yourself and you don’t know where or how to purchase the HomePod, then this is for you. We will show you in steps how to purchase the HomePod mini from the Apple official store for just $99. Therefore, check out the following steps below on how to purchase the HomePod mini now.
- Open your web browser and go to the Apple official website at www.apple.com.
- Click on “Store” at the top of the screen.
- Scroll through the Apple products until you see “HomePod”, and click on it.
- Under HomePod mini, click on the blue “Buy” button.
- Select the colour you want your HomePod mini to look like.
- Then, click on “Add to Bag”.
- Click on the “Review Bag” button at the top.
- Next, click on the “Check Out” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make your payment and complete your order.
After following each of the steps above, your order for your new HomePod mini will now be successful. Note, you can choose to pick up your item from an Apple store close to you or just receive your order delivered to your home. Once you have gotten your new HomePod mini, head over to the write-up below to guide you on how to set up your HomePod mini device.
How To Set Up the Apple HomePod Mini
The HomePod mini set-up is quite easy to do. However, if this is your first time, there is no need to worry. We will guide you on how to set up your HomePod mini. Therefore, to set up your HomePod mini, follow the steps below:
- Plug in your HomePod mini to a power outlet.
- Wait for the HomePod mini to show a white lasing light”Wait for the HomePod mini to show a white lasing light.
- Then, bring your iPhone close to the HomePod mini.
- You should get a pop-up message, then tap on “Set Up”
- Select “Home” or “Office” depending on where you want to use it.
- Tap Continue.
- Select the room you want to set the HomePod mini at and tap Continue.
- Tap on “Recognize My Voice” to allow your HomePod mini to recognize your voice.
- Tap on Use “Personal Requests” to grant Siri in your HomePod your messages, calendar, reminders and so on.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap on the “Agree” button to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap on “Transfer Settings” to use your iCloud, WiFi details and other settings on your HomePod mini.
- Place your camera in the centre of your HomePod mini to complete the set-up.
After carefully following the steps above, your HomePod mini set-up will be complete. Now you can start using your HomePod to listen to your music, podcasts, and other functions.
Note, while setting up your HomePod mini, if you don’t get a pop message on your iPhone, all you need to do is lock your iPhone and unlock it back. That should fix the problem for you.