The Chromecast is another popular streaming device by Google. You can use the Chromecast to access top streaming platforms on your TV. Thus, if you want to know more about Google Chromecast and how to set it up on your TV, then I suggest you go through this article.
What Does a Google Chromecast do?
The Google Chromecast is a device that allows users to get access to a lot of popular streaming services. By using the Google Chromecast, you can also control it through the Google Voice Assistant. You can also cast your Chrome browser from your phone or laptop to the big TV with the help of the Chromecast device. You can do all of these with your Chromecast without paying an additional fee.
How do I Set Up Chromecast without WIFI?
Setting up your Google Chromecast will require a WiFi connection. However, if you don’t have a WiFi connection, do not panic, there is another way. You can use “Connectify Hotspot” on your devices to enable a Wi-Fi hotspot for you. By doing that, you can now process to set up your Google Chromecast device to your TV.
How do I Connect my Google Chromecast to my WIFI?
Connecting your Chromecast to your WiFi is pretty easy. First, make sure that your phone is connected to the WiFi you want to connect to your Chromecast device. Afterwards, you should go to the Google Home app and follow the instructions to set up the Chromecast device. While setting the device, you will be directed to choose a WiFi connection. Therefore, you should select yours and then put in the password to successfully connect your Chromecast to WiFi.
Free Streaming Platforms on Google Chromecast
If you don’t want to pay a subscription fee for all those popular platforms like Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, and others, you can also get other streaming platforms that are free to access without any payment. Therefore, we will be showing some of the best free streaming platforms available on Google Chromecast. Thus, the following are some of the free streaming platforms on the Chromecast.
- Tubi TV.
- Pluto TV.
- Red Bull TV.
- BBC iPlayer (UK).
However, some of the streaming platforms above offer a free option and still have a paid plan. They may disturb you with ads, but if you don’t mind then you can check them out. Also, you should note that not all the streaming platforms are available for free in all regions. Check the next write-up below on the steps on how to cast your phone to your Chromecast device.
How to Cast My Phone to Chromecast?
If you would like to cast the screen of your phone to your TV, then you should pay attention to this part of the write-up. Note, you can cast your phone screen from both Android and iOS devices. To cast your phone to your Chromecast, follow the steps below:
- First, make sure your Google Chromecast and your phone are connected to the same WiFi connection.
- On an iPhone, swipe to your control centre and tap on the “Screen Mirroring” button.
- On an Android, swipe to your control centre and tap on the “Cast” button.
- Once you’ve done this, wait for your Chromecast device name to appear, then tap on it.
By following these steps on your iOS or Android devices you should be able to start casting your phone screen onto your Chromecast device on your TV. Note, if you have an Android phone and you don’t see the cast option in your control centre, you can go to your settings and search for “Cast”.
How to Set Up Google Chromecast on My TV
Do you want to set up your Google Chromecast device on your TV? If you do, then you are at the right place. In this part of the write-up, we will be guiding you through steps on how to set up your Chromecast device. Thus, the following are the steps on how to set up the Google Chromecast.
- Plug in the Chromecast device to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Connect the USB-C cable to the Chromecast and plug the other end into a power outlet.
- Turn On your TV, and select the HDMI input of your Chromecast.
- Press and hold the “back” and “home” buttons to pair to your Chromecast.
- Select your “language”.
- Next, download the Google Home app from your App Store or Google Play Store.
- Launch the app.
- Tap on the “Get Started” button.
- Sign in to your Google account or create one if you don’t have one.
- Choose “Home” or create another home.
- Tap the Next button.
- Tap Next again to allow location access.
- Confirm if your Chromecast device is found, then tap Next.
- Next, scan the QR code displayed on your TV.
- Go through their “Legal terms” and tap “I Agree”
- Select where you are setting your Chromecast device and tap Next.
- Add a name for your room.
- Select your WiFi to connect your device.
- Once you are connected, follow the on-screen instructions to finish the set-up.
By following the steps above your Google Chromecast should be set up completely. If you have any issues while setting the device, you can always go back and start from the beginning.