The Apple watch series 9 is the new and improved Apple watch series which was released in September 2023. The series 9 still has the same looks as the previous generation, however, it has a few extra features. If you want to learn more about the new Apple Watch series and how to set it up, then you should check out this article to the end.
Apple Watch Series 9 Release Date
If you are reading this now, the Apple Watch 9 has already been released. In other words, the Apple Watch Series 9 will be available for sale by the 22nd of September,2023. Although it was already available for pre-order since September 12. Thus, if you have been waiting for the release date of the Apple Watch 9 to buy it, you can now purchase it directly through Apple’s official website.
How Do I Turn On my Apple Watch Series 9?
Turning on your Apple Watch 9 is not different from how it is done on the previous generation of the Apple Watch series. That is, there is no change or new way of turning on your Apple watch. Nevertheless, if you want to turn on your Apple Watch Series 9, you will need to press and hold the side button until the screen comes up.
How Much Does it Cost?
The Apple Watch series comes in two different forms which have different prices. The watch starts at $399 for one “Aluminium” type with 41mm. While the other type which is the “Stainless Steel” costs a whopping $699 with 41mm. However, note that the price of your Apple Watch 9 may be higher depending on the style of watch you choose either on the case size or with cellular.
Is it Worth it?
First off, if you are looking for any physical change from the Series 9 to the previous generation, then you may not notice any significant differences, as the design and form have remained the same as the Series 8. However, the Apple Watch 9 is now faster, smarter and a lot brighter than the older generation of the Apple Watch series.
The Apple Watch 9 will also be getting a massive new change to the 9 series. This is called the “Double Tap” gesture which allows you to control the action control on your watch by just doing a double tap on the wrist that you put on the watch. Unfortunately, Apple says that this feature is not available for use until October.
Another thing to notice is that the Double tap gesture will only be available to the Apple Watch 9 and other new Apple Watches. Thus, if you have an older Apple Watch series, you won’t be able to use this feature.
To sum up, if you still have the Apple Watch 8 with you, then it is not worth getting the new series 9. However, if you feel that the double tap feature is a must-have for you, then you can go ahead and get one for yourself.
How to Purchase the new Apple Watch Series 9
If you want to purchase your Apple Watch 9 and need a guide on how to do that, well this write-up is for you. The following steps below will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to purchase the new Apple Watch 9 from the Apple official website.
- Go to the official Apple website at www.apple.com.
- On the top menu, click on “watch”.
- Click on “Apple Series Watch 9” at the top of the page.
- Then, click on the blue “Buy” button.
- Select if you want the Aluminium or the Stainless Steel type.
- Select the colour you want.
- Next, choose the case size you prefer, either 41mm or 45mm.
- Choose if you want a GPS only or a GPS and Cellular together.
- Select the size and style of band you want for your watch.
- Select on Buy.
- Then, click on the “Add to Bag” button.
- Click on “Review Bag”.
- Next, click on the “Check Out” button.
- Sign in to your Apple account or click on the “Continue as Guest” button
- Follow the prompts to put in your shipping and payment information.
After following the steps above, your purchase of the Apple Watch 9 will be successful. You can come back and check out the write-up below on steps on how to set up the Apple Watch 9 once you have received it.
How to Set Up Your Apple Watch Series 9
The Apple Watch Series 9 setup is still not different from the normal way of doing it in the previous generations of the Apple Watch series. It is still the same way as before. However, if this is your first time using an Apple Watch, then this is for you. Thus, the following are steps to guide you in setting up your new Apple Watch 9.
- Turn ON your Apple Watch by pressing and holding the side button.
- Select your language and region.
- Now, go to the Watch app on your iOS device.
- Tap on “Set Up for Myself”.
- Then, tap on the “Start Pairing” button on your Apple Watch 9.
- Place your phone camera over the Apple watch to pair.
- If this is your first time, tap on “Set Up as New Apple Watch”.
- If you own an Apple watch before, then you can tap on “Restore from Backup”.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to edit your new Apple Watch 9
After following these steps above, your Apple Watch 9 will now be successfully set up on your iOS device.