Many of us here may not know how to take a screenshot on a laptop. You may want to keep or save an important image of your laptop screen, so to do that you need to learn how to screenshot on your laptop.
However, this article will help you how to take a screenshot on any of your laptops either a Windows PC or a MAC. Thus, go through the following to learn how you can take a screen from your laptop.
How to Take a Screenshot on Windows Laptop
Screenshotting on a window can be done in 3 different ways, therefore we will be discussing the 3 different ways in this article. However, this is for users who have a laptop that runs Windows – like Dell, HP, and Lenovo. So if you are among this category of PC, then you can follow the steps below on how to take screenshots with a laptop.
1. Use “Keyboard Shortcuts” for Screenshotting on a Windows Laptop
This is a quick and easy method to take screenshots on your laptop without even leaving your current screen. All you need to do is to press two or more keys on your keyboard. Check out the keyboard shortcuts below for taking screenshots on your computer.
- Windows + PrtScn – To take a screenshot of your entire screen
- Alt + PrtScn – Takes a screenshot of the current window you are using, and allows you to paste the screenshot by pressing Ctrl + V
2. Through “Snipping Tool”
The sniping tool adds more features on how you can take screenshots on your laptop. It allows you to take your screenshots in a free form, that is any form you want the screenshot to look like. You can also customize and draw on the screenshot. Nevertheless, here is how you can use the Snipping tool to take a screenshot on your laptop.
- Press Windows and search for “Snipping tool”
- Open the Snipping tool application
- Then select the screenshot mode you want to use (Either Free-form, Regular, Window, or Full-Screen snip)
- Then click on New to take your screenshot.
3. Through “Snip & Sketch”
Snip & Sketch is also another screenshot tool just like the “snipping tool”. It also allows you to edit and take screenshots in any form that you want. However, let’s take a look at how to use this screenshot software to take a screenshot on your laptop.
- Press Windows and search for “Snip & Sketch”
- Open the Snip & Sketch application – OR simply press Windows + Shift + S to open the Snip & Sketch application
- At the top of your screen, select either Free-form, Regular, Window, or Full-Screen snip
- Next, take the screenshot
After going through the 3 different methods of how to take a screenshot on your Windows laptop. You should choose one that you like best, then study how it is done so that the next time you want to take a screenshot you will not need any help from anywhere.
How to Take a Screenshot on Your Mac Laptop
Now, for those using a macOS and who would like to know how to take a screenshot on their laptop, this is for you. We will provide you with some keyboard shortcuts and also a screenshot tool you can use to take screenshots and edit them as you wish. Taking a screenshot of your Mac can be done in 2 different ways to do that. Thus, the following write-up will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to screenshot on a Mac with the 2 different methods.
1. Take a Screenshot through “Keyboard Shortcuts” on a Mac Laptop
If you would just like to take a quick screenshot from your laptop screen without needing to make any edits. Then you can make use of the following keyboard shortcuts to take a screenshot from your Mac.
- Shift + Command + 3 – To take a screenshot of your entire screen
- Shift + Command + 4 – To screenshot a portion of your screen
- Shift + Command + 6 – To screenshot the Touch bar
2. You can also Screenshot your Mac Laptop through the “Screenshot Tool”
You also have access to a screenshot tool on your Mac laptop. Using this way will allow you to take screenshots of any form you wish. Thus, Check out the following steps below on how to use this screenshot tool on your Mac.
- Use Shift + Command + 5 to open the screenshot tool
- Then, select the type of screenshot you want to take from your screen (Either – Capture the Entire screen, Selected Portion, or Selected Window)
On the Mac, we provided 2 methods in which you can take a screenshot. However, you should pick one among the 2 you like better and try to memorise the steps. So that the next time you want to take a quick screenshot on your Mac, you won’t need any help from anywhere again.